Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:40 AM
32. What are born out of eggs?
Birds, creepers other than vegetation, and fishes and other beings which live in water.
33. What are born out of perspiration?
Some creepers like worms, maggots and some birds, winged insects like locusts.
34. What are born out of seeds, roots, branches and creeping plants?
Trees and plants.
35. What are the 8,400,000 species?
1. Devas ....... 1,100,000 species
2. Human beings ....... 900,000 species
3. Four-legged animals ....... 1,000,000 species
4. Birds ....... 1,000,000 species
5. Creepers other than vegetation ....... 1,500,000 species
6. Fishes, and other beings that live in water ....... 1,000,000 species
7. Trees and plants ....... 1,900,000 species
Total ........ 8,400,000 species
36. What is the place where souls can perform karma (actions) and reap the effects of their actions?
The place where the two types of action (good and bad) can be performed and the two types of effects can be experienced is the earth. The places where the effects of the good deeds can be experienced are heaven and the higher worlds. The places where the effects of the evil deeds can be experienced are the 2,800,000,000 hells.
37. What will the souls which have taken birth on earth do immediately after leaving their gross bodies?
The souls which had done good deeds will, immediately after leaving their gross bodies, proceed with their subtle bodies taking on the bodies as Devas and reach heaven and enjoy the effects of their good deeds. The souls which had committed evil deeds will, immediately after they leave their gross bodies, proceed with their subtle bodies taking on bodies capable of suffering in hell and reach hell and experience the sufferings which are the result of their evil deeds. Besides these, some souls, immediately after leaving their gross bodies, enter places of reproduction on earth and take new material bodies.